2018 - 2021 IMPROVEMENTS
- 1000-hour engine service performed May 2018 at 960 hours. Valve lash was near perfect
- $1200 in 2019 six new maintenance free batteries
- Engines serviced by owner. Engine hours and date recorded on generator cover
- $450 New Furuno fish-finder
- $12,000 new salon windows: dark grey tempered glass with custom bolt-less fiberglass frames, epoxy embedded, will never leak. Done by “Lookout Windows” Morehead City, NC
- $500 galvanic isolator installed
- April 2021 hull compounded and waxed
- Bottom given 2 coats Micron CSC antifouling
- $1100 Teak fish deck restoration: replaced 146 bronze screws, epoxy embedment, and teak caps.Sanded and sealed. No color coating, natural aging beauty
- $800 two Nibral 20 x 18 four-blade props tuned and balanced April 2021. They are “S-grade” or a step above 1st class S=Superior. 2 spare Nibral 20 x 18 props on board
- Both shafts pulled; new couplings, keys, new bronze packing glands with teflon packing; shafts, couplings, keys, props sent out for balance check. Reinstalled with new zincs
- New cutlass bearings installed
- $1800 Rebuilt rudder tables with 1/2 inch FRP rather than wood. New rudder stock packing
- Heat exchangers checked for cleanliness. New zincs
- $400 GFCI circuits in galley upgraded to current standard
- Engine raw water impellers replaced May 2021
- Completed sea trial 26 May 2021 to confirm repair/upgrades perform
- Engine surveyor confirmed perfect WOT engine RPM for prop re-pitching effort. Note: these are Cummins 270 HP diesels rated at 2600 max RPM. Sea trial showed 2640 at WOT
- Cruising RPM should be less than 2340 continuous (90% of 2600). BANDIT planes at about 2200 rpm … usual cruise range 2200-2300 RPM. Cruise speed approx 22-23 MPH
- Cummins diesel 270 HP engines have less than 1200 hours. Surveyed May 2021
Above improvements documented. Over $27,000 since 2018 value survey. 2018 surveyed market value $95,000. Total $122,000.
Offered turn-key ready at $89,900 (owner has new boat)
Located Jarrett Bay, Beaufort, NC … deliverable anywhere from coastal FL to RI.
Seller agrees to accompany buyer and advise during cruise providing such accompaniment is at no cost to seller and is post-purchase.
Completed second round trip cruise from NC to RI with engines going just over 1,000 hours and 1,000 hour service completed. Ready for resale.
Owner has invested a life-time of financial improvements and upgrades. BANDIT is a recent sea-trial proven classic vessel, upgraded and ready for a dedicated and eager new owner. A rare find.
Owner has meticulously researched the history of this vessel. All available original documentation, past owner notes, and vessel equipment manuals are all on board.
This fine, older Hatteras 34 Convertible received a complete refit in 07-08. All major systems rewired and replaced. The new Cummins diesels sip fuel at a 19 knot cruise. The Northern Lights generator was serviced completely and new fuel tanks were fit.
Summer 2018 she saw a very successful cruise from NC to RI and return and the boat is in fine mechanical condition.
ELECTRONICS AND FEATURES
- Twin Cummins matched to TwinDisc gears
- Rewired and all electronics 2007 or newer
- Autopilot, sonar, VHF, wide-array radar, GPS, chartplotter
- NEW aluminum fuel tanks - twin 118 gal
- Hardtop and enclosure custom made in Mystic, CT
- 6kw Northern Lights genset
- Inverter/dual chargers
- Fire suppression system
- Full galley with 3 burner stove, oven/broiler, microwave, sink, fridge/freezer
- Electric head with sink and shower
- V-Berth with comfortable, custom mattress
- Hot water heater, washdown pump
- Salon with twin fold-out couches with storage for spares, tools, etc
- Imron hull
- Many spares including spare props JUST TUNED
- All new thru hulls, seacocks and plumbing
- Well constructed joinery and finish
- Teak brightwork in good condition
- Well fit teak bulkheads
- Cabinets, drawers, lockers, shelves finely fit
- Teak finished paneled headliner
- Hinged wood doors throughout
- White painted wood sole
- Wood blinds
- V Berth
- Electric head
- Stand up shower
- Digital A/C controls
- Laminate countertops
- Stainless sink basin
- Summit full size fridge/freezer combo
- Princess 3 burner stove
- Rival microwave
- 2012-2016 Capt. Brad Weidner of Attleboro, MA. installed full size fridge/freezer. New microwave.
- 2016-2020 Capt, Alfred Rose of Southport, NC and Bristol, RI. 2016 extensive cosmetic upgrade: all non-skid ground to bare glass / rolled Interlux “Perfection” 2-stage epoxy with non-skid additive; all other topsides` sanded to solid surface, faired and given 3 coats of primer / finished Interlux “Brightside” in Hatteras Off-White 1990 tint.
- Flying bridge permanently epoxied to coach roof.
- 2017 Engine and Genset heat exchangers removed, cored, cleaned and new seals; reinstalled.
- Engine and Genset coolants replaced.
- 2017 & 2018 two round trip cruises from RI to NC and back both years. Over 700 NM one-way.
- 2018 haul-out for bottom re-painting and service of rudder stocks. Installed new stainless rudder linkage and replaced rudder stock packings.
- New front and rear bilge pumps and switches; galvanic isolator installed.
- 2019 repainted salon interior; completed Cummins 1000 hour engine service.
- Primary props retuned to permit optimum engine RPM at WOT.
- Teak deck restored (over 140 bronze screws replaced and epoxy embedded teak plugs; sanded and sealed).
- June 2020 haul-out in Beaufort NC for replacement of salon side windows. This was a $12K refit.
- Dark gray tempered glass with custom hand-laid fiberglass frames; epoxy embedding with foam cushions and 2-stage epoxy coating to match Hatteras colors.
- Work professionally done by “Lookout Boat Window Frames” of Morehead City, NC.
- Bottom sanded and given 2 coats of Micron CSC; all zincs replaced and underwater metals treated with Petit antifouling spray.
- In preparation for sale, engine oil & filters changed; genset and engine zincs replaced; fuel filters replaced and RACORs serviced. All through-hull screens cleaned.