Engine Info and Performance
Powered by a single 3406e 800 hp Caterpillar engine (4300 original
hours), "Fin Again" gets oil changes every 100 hrs (engine and
generator), and Primary fuel filters get changed every 50 hrs.
- Fuel Cooler replaced Summer '19
- Transmission Cooler replaced Summer '19
- Heat Exchanger removed and cleaned May 2020
- Aftercooler removed and cleaned May 2020
- 1950 rpm = 21 kts
- 2000 rpm = 22 kts = 80% load burning 30 gph
- 2350 rpm = 26/27 kts = 100% load
is a Northern Lights 8kw 3 cylinder diesel powered generator with 8224
hrs of service time (Fresh water cooled with remote controls mounted at
the AC/DC breaker panel)
Custom Carolina Spoortfish boats have always "made their money" with
their looks, their function and their ride. "Fin Again" is a fine
example of these traits:
- Freshly painted with Kingston Gray Hull paint and White topsides.
- Tumblehome helps keep the angler comfortable when a fish gets close to the transom.
- Wide teak coverboards with flush mounted rod holders.
- Transom fishbox that drains easily overboard when the day is done.
- A large transom door, when it's time to boat a big fish
- Huge cockpit with a freshly rolled non-skid deck
- Nautical Design fighting chair with adjustable footrest and rocket launcher backrest
- Port side Mezzanine seating (aft facing) with removable cushions
- Teak steps at Mezzanine level
- Tackle storage in center of Mezzanine step
- Engine Room access from cockpit
- Insulated drink box beneath Mezzanine seat
- Stbd side Livewell/baitbox
- Stbd side Flybridge ladder
- Fresh Water washdown (port forward)
- Raw water washdown (port forward)
- Dockside freshwater inlet (stbd forward)
- 50 amp shore power connection (stbd forward)
- Under gunwhale gaff storage
- A center Console style helm station with Teak Ladderback Captains chair.
- Teak helm pod with single engine, single lever control
- Bow Thruster
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Push button, Pop-Up electronics box
- Garmin 7612 and 8012 MFD's (Installed Summer '19)
- Garmin HD Radar (64 mile max range)
- Garmin Autopilot
- Garmin GSD 26 Professional Sounder module
- Garmin GXM Sat Weather/Sat Stereo receiver
- Garmin 4 inch data repeater with Sea Surface Temp
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio with AIS and DSC
- Magnetic compass
- Remote spotlight
- LED Cockpit spreader lights
- Rocket launcher along rear Flybridge rail
- 36' Triple Spreader outriggers
- Center Rigger
- Port and Stbd side bench seats on Flybridge (storage beneath)
- Overhead lights
- 3 sided Strataglass bridge enclosure (new 2015)
Salon and Interior Walkthrough
A sliding centerline door (lockable) opens to reveal a large, roomy
and comfortable salon. Port and Stbd side built-in sofa's with storage
beneath and with a carpeted floor, headliner with centerline overhead
handrail and recessed lighting. There is a new (June 2020) 16,000 btu
Heat/Air Conditioning system that conditions all of the cabin with a
single controller located just inside of the salon door. An undercounter
side-by-side refrigerator/freezer is located in the port forward
corner, with a small galley across on the Stbd side. Microwave oven,
Fresh water sink, ample galley storage as well as a 40 inch Samsung
SmartTV with SAT TV antenna and receiver.
Down the stairs and to port are upper and lower bunks.
To stbd is a very large tackle closet.
of the tackle closet is the enclosed Head and Shower, with privacy
door, vanity and sink, mirrored medicine cabinet, Electric flushing
toilet (with Lectra-San treatment system), and a stand-up shower stall.
The head can be accessed from a doorway in the hall, OR from the private master stateroom.
master stateroom is in the front of the vessel, featuring a queen sized
pedestal mounted bed (storage beneath), with storage closets along both
sides, a 32 inch Samsung SmartTV, Overhead deck hatch and upright rod